As roughly 2.5 million service members transition out of the military, readjusting to civilian life can present significant stress.
For many veterans, the transition is filled with complicated and confusing challenges. Some feel isolated and alone. Some struggle to find or hold a job. Many say they feel like they just don’t fit in. Finding and connecting with the right support and services can be overwhelming.
And that’s a challenge for all of us.
Many veterans have inspiring stories to tell. With a little inspiration and the right support, many others can find success, too.
How Public Media is Supporting Veterans
Funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and led by Wisconsin Public Television, Veterans Coming Home builds on public media’s strengths to address the needs of veterans in local communities.
With compelling national content to focus attention and strong local services, public television and radio stations are conducting local efforts that:
- Communicate veterans’ stories through journalism, documentaries and online content
- Convene local events such as job fairs and town hall meetings that recognize veterans for their service and directly connect veterans with resources, support and veterans service organizations.
- Collaborate with local organizations to better coordinate and publicize local services, facilitate dialogue, and connect more veterans with a healthy path.
Working with community-based partners, many local stations are recognizing veterans for their service, sharing their stories, opportunities and challenges, and increasing the number of veterans connecting with local resources to support their successful transition to civilian life.
Our Criteria for Selecting Resources
To ensure the highest standard of resources and organizations for veterans and their families, these criteria guide selection for inclusion on this website.
- Resource comes from a credible source.
- Resource is current and relevant.
- Resource is free and available at no cost to veterans and their families.
- Resource is commercial-free, no profit is derived from it.
- Resource is accessible, easy to get and easy to use; tangible and concrete.
- Organization or individual that created and/or is distributing the resource is nonpartisan. 501c4 organizations whose primary function is advocacy or educating about political issues or policy merit close scrutiny to determine nonpartisanship.
Взяти кредит на картку миттєво онлайн або у відділенні МФО.
Взять быстро онлайн кредит без проверок и звонков на карту украинского банка.
Круглосуточный онлайн кредит без проверок и звонков на карту в Украине. Получить без отказа.
Взять онлайн займ на карту в Украине. Оформление срочных кредитов.
Оформить кредит под 0 процентов на карту в Украине. Беспроцентные займы.
Терміново взяти кредит без відсотків на картку або готівкою. Позики в Україні.
Requisitos para obtener un préstamo en línea pedir prestamo personal online Por lo que se refiere.